Australia - 482 Sponsored Employment

482 Visa

What you need to know about TSS 482 sponsored employment visa?

482 sponsored Visa. From 18th March 2018, the Australian government has replaced the the 457 sponsorship visa to the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa ( subclass 482). The aim here is to ensure Australians have priority to access employment and also to better control the arrival and stay of overseas skilled workers. The TSS replaces the 457 visa, however, the reform only applies to new applications made after March 18, 2018

The TSS 482 sponsored Visa allows the holder to live and work full time for his employer for the duration of the visa and is allows you to travel to and from Australia for the duration of your visa.

There are 3 types of TSS visa programs two of which are explained below:

482 sponsored Visa – Short-term stream

A visa for two years and this is for skilled workers in occupations included on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List – STSOL. This visa is renewable onshore once for another 2 years.

482 sponsored Visa – Medium-term stream

A visa for 4 years and this is very similar to the previous 457 visa. This visa is for workers in occupations included on the Medium and long-term Strategic Skills List – MTSSL and it allows the holder to apply for permanent residence after 3 years.

To apply for either short or medium term visas you will need to pass English language requirements and the overall score of 5 to a language test ( IELTS or equivalent) with a grade of 4.5 in each subjects. – British passport holders are exempt from the English language test. 

The second requirement for the applicant is to prove that if you are intent to settle only temporarily in Australia, (known as a ‘Genuine Temporary Entrant’ (GTE)). Only apply to Short-term Stream.

482 sponsored Visa – Criteria for applying 

You must have the skill to fill a position nominated by an approved business for an approved occupation. Without a formal offer of employment you may not apply for a 482 visa.

You must also be able to demonstrate a professional experience of at least 2 years in the nominated occupation or a related field.

You must meet the English language requirement. (UK Passport holders are exempt from this requirement)

You will also have to provide proof of a clean criminal record.

Applying for an employment visa is complicated as the immigration rules change regularly, drop us a mail if you are interested in applying for a job in Australia.

Or you can telephone Live The Dream Australia on 020 3137 3161 for a free and no obligation initial assessment, this means you do not have to complete a questionnaire and provide countless answers to questions which are irrelevant to your own circumstances. 

If we determine you have the potential to apply for a vacancy and be granted a visa to work and reside in Australia we will send an email to you confirming the recommended pathway for your consideration.

Live The Dream Australia deals with high profile employers and recruiters and if your work experience matches their current requirements you will also be informed of potential positions available.

The Live The Dream Australia team have helped many skilled UK passport holders through this process. We understand the pitfalls you will face and the rewards to enjoy. Australia may not suit everyone but there are obvious life style differences and opportunities awaiting those who make the move.

Get in touch now to register & book a free assessment today! is wholly owned by Futurenet Publishing Ltd.
19a High Street, Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17 5DD 
Registered in England No. 3857349. Reg office 71 Bellegrove Road, Welling, Kent. DA16 3PG

T: 020 3137 3161
Skype: mooney33

To discover more about us visit the Futurenet Publishing Ltd website at :